Interested in knowing more about us or arranging for a tour? Click INQUIRE HERE.
St. Madeleine Sophie School provides an opportunity for education to any child who wishes to attend and who exhibits the desire to grow in this spirit. A concerted effort is made to attract students of all backgrounds from within the parish as well as non-parishioners. We commit to providing ways to make this opportunity accessible for all families.
Eligibility of Enrollment
St. Madeleine Sophie School admits students of any race, color, national, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national, and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school administered programs.
While our school welcomes families from a diverse range of faith traditions, priority is given to families who are active St. Madeleine Sophie parish members. This is defined as households who are:
- Registered in the parish office;
- Active in the life of the parish (i.e., Attend Sunday Mass and regularly receive the Sacraments);
- Involved in one of the many ministry areas of the Parish; and
- Make regular contributions through the Sunday envelope (i.e., Annually filing a stewardship pledge card with the parish office and show a consistent effort to meet the pledge.)
St. Madeleine Sophie School endeavors to make a quality education available to all those who exhibit the desire to attend. As space is available, enrollment is opened to the community. In cases where class loads reach the maximum, the privilege of attendance for NEW students (and any returning students missing the registration deadline) is awarded to those showing the strongest commitment to the Parish in the following manner:
- Catholics who are registered in St. Madeleine Sophie Parish and attending St. Madeleine Sophie Church with children already in St. Madeleine Sophie School and are current on financial commitment.
- Catholics who are registered in St. Madeleine Sophie Parish and attending St. Madeleine Sophie Church.
- Non-Catholics with children in school.
- Practicing Catholics out-of-Parish.
- Non-Catholics new to the school.
When the number of applicants – eligible per rules of admission above – exceed the number of vacancies, the Principal, with advice from the Administrative Team and/or Pastor, will decide who is to be admitted according to the following guidelines (not ranked in order):
- Active in Parish
- Active in other areas, other parishes or ministries
- Balancing of class needs as determined by Principal
Important note: With our growing enrollment of students needing focused support and our desire to maintain an effective classroom environment, priority for placement is given to those families who are seeking admission for their entire family.
It is our intent to ensure that every parish child has the opportunity to attend our Catholic elementary school. At the same time, it is the responsibility of parish leadership to make sure that resources remain available to continue offering quality programs to meet the needs of others in the community as well. In that vein, we have set tuition reflective of the amount the parish will expend to educate each child. We ask that each family with the means make that commitment. For those who find that impossible, yet are still desirous of the program we offer, we have established a matrix that allows for a reduction in tuition based upon family income and family size. In those cases where the matrix would still require an over extension of family resources, we extend the opportunity to meet with the administration to explore additional assistance.